First Up - December Monthly Decorations
I would like to point out that the box next to the Santa of the Month in the first picture was a Christmas gift from my stitching friend Sherry.
Next - a birthday gift from my co-worker Clarie - a beautiful handstitched etui.
Front
Back
Inside
Outside when open.
What a special gift and one that I will treasure. Thank you Clarie.
Usually some of us stitchers gather at Panera on a Saturday in December. This year we were running out of Saturday's in December - it was getting a little close to Christmas - and I don't know about your Panera but ours can be really crazy close to the holidays - or a day off from school. This year I invited the ladies to my home for a Christmas Tea Party on the 17th (also happens to be my birthday). And everyone was able to make it.
We started with Christmas Scones - a star shaped scone with orange and cranberry flavors dusted with cinnamon sugar with Devonshire cream.
Phyllis brought lovely cut up fruit to have along with our sandwiches. I made ham and swiss on white or whole wheat with apricot jam on one piece of the bread and brown mustard on the other. A yummy combo. Roast beef on white or whole wheat with a horseradish mayonnaise. And egg salad with a bit of dill on your choice of white or whole wheat. And some store bought pasta salad.
For dessert, Sherry brought plate of her wonderful cookies. I made strawberry mousse (from a mix) in chocolate cups, mini cheesecakes, and peanut butter candy. Fortunately, or unfortunately I only remembered to take pictures when I was putting dessert on the table. Here is a picture of that.
Sherry's cookies are in the foreground and my contribution is in the background.
Of course, we had tea, lots and lots of tea. And a gift exchange, and lots of laughter, and even a little bit of stitching.
I put together these gifts for the ladies. A scissor fob made by me with a sea shell, a tape measure and for three of the ladies chocolate frogs (and one sugar free chocolate - couldn't get a frog) and a little note inside that said "May all your 'frogs' be chocolate." All of this fit very nicely into a Vera Bradley eyeglass case. I had intended to put these in something else that I was going to make but ran out of time due to some work commitments.
Here are some of the things I received. I can't remember what was from who but here's the haul. My dining room floor was covered with gift bags since we all buy for each other.
I do know that the case with bathing beauties is from Debbie and the Namaste case is from Phyllis.
This little vintage project bag is from Debbie.
The Prairie Schooler cards are from Claire-Ann. We each got a different set of the Prairie Schooler cards so that we can share. What a great idea. The other things are from Debbie and Phyllis.
I think more from Debbie and Phyllis.
And more from Debbie and Phyllis.
And still more from Debbie and Phyllis. I forgot to take a picture of the glass angel from Sherry, the snowman mug from Claire-Ann and the candy filled jar from Phyllis and Debbie.
I love each and every thing. Thank you ladies.
Sometime in the beginning of December Ali and I managed to get the house decorated - before the tea.
The cookie cutter tree in the kitchen - one of my favorites.
The bird tree in the dining room
Our advent calendar in the dining room.
My shelf in the dining room with Peace on Earth by Blackbird Designs and Quaker Garden also by Blackbird Designs underneath.
A closer view of Peace on Earth.
Christmas Strawberries by Prairie Schooler (I think) in the dining room.
Santa Claus by Hinzeit in the dining room.
The 'big' tree in the living room.
A nativity set that I stitched in the living room.
And the entertainment center with some of my Christmas pictures - also in the living room.
We celebrated Christmas at my mother-in-laws this year. We went to her house on Christmas Eve and to church there. Some of our kids came later that night. Andy and his girl came on Christmas day. We had a wonderful holiday.
I have been on vacation this week.
On Tuesday Jack and I went on a little journey. I dropped him off at Cabela's and went on down to Stitch n Stuff in Reading, PA to pick up some framing that they had finished for me. The ladies in The Framer's Nook have a wonderful 'eye' for what frames will set off a piece.
Count Your Blessings by Shakespeare's Peddler.
House on Acorn Hill by Blackbird Designs.
A Penny Saved by La-D-Da. I love the double frame on this one.
Also, this week a few of us managed to get together for a little field trip. We went out to Just Cross Stitch in Lederach, PA. What a charming shop. We went across the street to lunch at the tea room. Then on to Piper Classics for a different type of shopping in Pipersville, PA and a quick run through an antique shop on our way home.
This week is always a time of reflection for me as well as a time to look ahead to next year.
I realized that in the past year I have managed to lose and keep of 15 pounds. I had lost more but gained some back - but I am starting 2012 15 pounds lighter than I was in the beginning of 2011. I hope to be a lot lighter by this time next year.
I have begun to exercise by taking yoga classes twice a week and getting to the gym most other days. I hope to add Aqua Fit classes to my schedule this coming year.
Stitch wise - I didn't do as much as I had hoped. I have lots to finish in the box of shame - and hope to get most of those liberated in the coming year. And I need to post my WIPocalypse list in the next day or so. That means poring over my stash to see what I think I will accomplish next. year. I have plans to attend two retreat in the coming year and am looking forward to that.
We will have two graduations in our family this year one college and our last high school graduation which will mean getting our youngest off to college in late summer. We will almost empty nesters when she leaves. I think our eldest will still be living at home.
Our first great nephew will be celebrating his first birthday. I am working on a special project for him and will post a picture of that in the next week or two.
Jack and I will be celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary in the next week. What a wonderful life we have had together. I am so blessed that this wonderful man came into my life and continues to stay in my life.
Happy New Year! Keep on Stitching!


































Such lovely stitching
ReplyDelete