I've been around just not stitching or blogging. I have been reading other people's blogs and drooling at their progress on projects. I haven't made much progress on my own stuff - not really sure why.
I do have a start to share on the Prairie Schooler ABC's. I am stitching this over one so it doesn't look like a lot, but I can see a little progress each time I pick it up.
Two weekends ago I attended A Touch of Autumn retreat sponsored by A Stitcher's Garden. The retreat was held at the Ramada in Syracuse, NY. A great place for a retreat. I like the rooms there and the fact that you don't have to move your car all weekend if you don't want to. Jan and her retreat committee do a wonderful job of making sure that every bit of the retreat is enjoyable. There is always something to eat in the classroom in addition to the wonderful meals that are part of the weekend. There was an even an opportunity to get a hand or neck massage for a reasonable fee on Saturday afternoon. It was wonderful.
This year they had Linda Enbright from Lizzie Kate and Lori Markovic from La-D-Da as the teachers. What a great time we had with them. When I read the Lizzie Kate blog I can hear Linda's voice and intonation.
This is La-D-Da's project. I haven't used waste canvas in ages. Kudos to Lori for coming up with a great way to use it again. She provided all of the kit materials. The needlebook and case were provided finished. We had to do the stitching, iron on some interfacing and voila - a finished project.

I haven't finished the Lizzie Kate piece named Leaves Grow Old. Here is my progress - I'm almost there. I decided that I want this over one so that I can put in my little trug (you know the one that's hiding in the attic until I finish my little pillows!)
Linda give us this additional kit which I can't wait to start. She also had a wonderful presentation on Friday night with a powerpoint presentation to show us how and where she designs. She answered lots of quesitons I've wondered about. So much fun!
I sat near a group of ladies from Ottawa. They were so much fun. I liked talking to them about some of the differences in our countries as far as healthcare and taxes. Very interesting to me. We hear so many bad things about healthcare in Canada but these ladies haven't experienced that.
Saturday night we all took a field trip to the shop. Such a nice shop in a charming building. And so many samples to see. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.
Since I don't have any pictures from the weekend you would think that I forgot my camera. No, just forgot to use it.
Mr. S is recovering from rotator cuff and bicep surgery in early March. He is doing well and doing what he's been told as far as therapy. I see a lot of progress in the almost six weeks since his surgery. They say he'll be as good as new when he finishes physical therapy.
I didn't post pictures of my March stuff of the month. I'll try to put up pictures of my April things in the next week or so.

Lovely needlebook! Is "leaves grow Old" a special retreat design? Very pretty!
ReplyDelete