Friday, November 29, 2013

No Place Like Home

That was the title of the piece for a class I took with Catherine Theron sponsored by The Delaware Valley Historic Sampler Guild. 

I had to leave early in the morning to make the class on time.  I did it. 

Here is the cover of the directions. 


Some over one, stem stitch, and spiral trellises.  Sprial trellis was new to me.  I was quite frustrated with it a first.  Catherine gave me some one-on-one coaching and I was able to do them by the end of the class.  Catherine is a patient teacher and very organized.  Just what I like when I take  class.

Catherine was a part of the Samplermakers group that I attend.  I didn't take her classes when they were offered through that group.  Catherine has moved out of our area. 

These are a couple of pictures I took so that I would remember how the cover for the needlebook should be attached.  And a picture of the left side of the inside.  Don't know why I didn't take a picture of the whole thing.




Here is my progress for the day:

 
 
Doesn't look like much, yet.  I am happy with this bit of progress. 
 
I hope to get back to this soon. 
 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment