So, did you have a great Christmas? We did. It was busy but a lot of fun. We tried some new things this year.
A first for us was to open gifts on Christmas Eve while feasting on appetizers and cookies. I think everyone had a good time. I'm not sure if we will be repeating this. However, this year it worked for us because of our plans for Christmas day.
Christmas day we slept in a bit and had breakfast. Then it was off to my mother-in-law's - over the river and through the Pine Barrens, literally. We spent part of the day with her. I prepared our Christmas dinner at her house. An then home at a decent time so that the children could go on to their evening plans.
Some of us stayed home and watched tv - some of us even stitched a bit for the first time in days or maybe weeks. I'd have to check my stitch journal to find out exactly how long it's been. I'm pretty sure I've done some at lunchtime but not much else.
I realized on Christmas Eve morning that, when I was unable to snap my fingers to get the granddog's attention, my hands were a bit stiff! And I blamed it on a lack of stitching. I am convinced that the hand excercise from stitching keeps the stiffness away. However, I can't snap my fingers today either, so that may not be the case. Or I may not have stitched enough last night. I'll have to try again tonight.
No pictures of our holiday since I didn't take the camera out of the drawer.
Enjoy your day after Christmas.
Saturday's Critters
2 hours ago
Glad you had a great Christmas and even got a little stitching in too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blessed Christmas, Syd. I agree that stitching is good for the hands…as well as the heart.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a very Happy New Year.
Hugs
Ma