Saturday, December 20, 2014

Gifts Received

 Today I am baking with mixed success. Things are not coming out quite right.  One cookie tastes nothing like I remembered although I haven't made them in years.  However, I did make them this year since Baby Girl put in a special request.

I'm writing this blog post while I have cookies in the oven and nothing else that is calling for my attention.

I want to share pictures of the gifts I received.  This may seem like a lot, but remember this was my birthday and our Christmas celebration.

My birthday gifts are first,

Santa and a kit from The Purple Thread called Back to Spool,

a close-up of the kit.  Sherry was uncertain as to whether this was something I had.  And the answer was no.  The funny part is that when I saw this kit on Salty Yarns website I wondered if they had three, one for each of the girls.  I changed my mind and never did ask because I decided to go with the gift cards instead.

the rest of my gift from Debbie, the pin that goes with kit she gifted me in October shown  here, a pair of acorn scissors which were on my wish list, and one of the lockets for finishing,

and from friend Phyllis this beautiful sunflower box, a set of Disney teas, and a gift certificate to our local-not-so-local stitching shop.  A good excuse for a road trip.
For Christmas I received the following gifts,

from Phyllis a Downton Abbey lamp made using a wineglass for the base and a battery operated tea light inside, a set of two project bags, and a folding tray and ort container,

a close-up of the Downton lampshade.  Phyllis made these.  I am in awe.  They fit perfectly and are just the cutest.  Now I have to wait until Downton comes on in January.

from Debbie, a Flying Pig solar mobile, pincushion, emery boards, notepad, and spool of  ribbon,
a close-up of the top of the pincushion,
and a side view of the salt cellar the pincushion is finished in.

Debbie thought these spools were interesting and that we could do something really neat with them.

and from Sherry a tea maker from Teavana, loose tea, and a tin of Whitman's candy.  The tin is interesting.  I can't wait to see what the girls do with those.
Here is a picture of my table decorations. The strawberries in the bowl were designed by The Prairie Schooler.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of my baking adventures and hopefully, a little bit of stitching.

Keep on Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Syd, Love all your gifts!!! I'm jealous you have stitching friends close by and can get together to do this, but I am also so happy for all of you that you can. And, I am lucky I get to meet up with you all in OC during the year. Enjoy your gifts! Merry Christmas!!!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your PS strawberries! What lovely gifts you received!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky YOU!!! Beautiful gifts received. I am in love with the darling strawberry pincushion in the crystal holder:)
    Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas,
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great gifts, Syd--it's hard to pick a favorite. I know it's tough having a birthday so close to Christmas! (Mine is three weeks after!)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete