Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy Sunday!

I haven't stitched a stitch yet today.  I'm saving myself for the viewing of



My Downton light is lit.  It is so pretty. Thank you, Phyllis.

I spent time today putting away the Christmas decorations.  And getting out my snowmen.

Don't they look happy in their new home?  I bought two of these bowls with legs after Christmas.  I could see them filled with my little pillows in my mind's eye.  I did this with the other one:


Which is another use I had envisioned for these.   I'm not sure what they were originally intended to used for.  The lady I bought them from said she thought people served salad in them.  That's a lot of salad.  Anyway, I thought they were different and just a little prim looking.

Have a great night.

Keep on Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. I've got my Downton light lit too!!!!
    The bowls look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I totally forgot that it started last night...I guess I didn't look out my window so I could see the lamps on :) You are the owner of two dough bowls, used for many years they were the heart of many hearths...the reason that some are on legs is to make it movable so that the homemaker could take it into another, room often one that was warmer for rising. Most families were so large back then that they made multiple loves at once and needed a huge bowl. I love dough bowls and can't wait to see yours filled with goodies.
    PS...I could see a nice Caesar Salad by my dinner table in one :)
    Hugs kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dough bowls on legs! I think your snowmen look great in their new home.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete