As a reward I gave myself a four day weekend to recover. I had so, so, so many plans of things I wanted to do and didn't get to most of them. I really wanted to do some blog posting, some stitching, some finishing, some work on the quilt for the baby, plus, clean, do laundry, (not so sure I wanted to do the last two, but let's just say I needed to do them.) I did get some stitching done, and a bit of work on the quilt, but alas, no finishing. In fact, Winter Fling is sitting where I left it weeks ago. However, it looks like it will be winter for quite some time so I hope to get to it soon.
The workload has eased a bit and I must say that I am rested after my four day weekend. I left work early on Wednesday and napped the afternoon away. I guess I needed to do that!
Somewhere in all this time the calendar page turned over to February. And as I had hoped I did put away a January project partially stitched. This is how the January Cottage of the Month looked when I tucked it away until next year.
| Cottages of the Month - January Country Cottage Needleworks |
And I'm ok with that. I told myself that this year would be an experiment in focusing on a particular theme each month. Next year I'll be able to pull this out, it will seem brand new and be able to finish it in very little time. Admittedly, I did put this away late due to my preoccupation with making a living.
I'll share some more tomorrow.
Keep on Stitching!
Yay, welcome back! Glad you were able to take some time for you. Can't wait for spring so we can all start getting together at the lake again :)
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for spring myself. Jack talked to a friend in Florida tonight who said it was 80 and sunny. They had to turn on their air conditioning.
DeleteWelcome back dear
ReplyDeleteSweet stitching x
Thanks.
DeleteWelcome back!!! Every stitch you completed counts:)
ReplyDeletelove Annette
Annette, thanks for the encouragement.
DeleteWelcome Back hugs, Syd...glad you took time for some R&R, sounds like you sure deserved it!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Annette on this one, every stitch completed counts...and I'm all for putting a WIP aside until it feels like enjoyment rather than drudge, cuz I BTDT many times and when I pick it up again it's like a whole new project, as you said.
Don't ya just hate how making a living seems to get in the way of everything? LOL, oh how fun it must be to be rich...sigh ;)
Hugs
Ma
Karyn, thanks for the encouragement.
Delete