Last weekend my sister, Ali, of Northwoods Creative Studio came for a visit. She arrived on Friday night. And we were up until 2:00 laughing so hard we cried and talking. It was great.
Saturday we went to Berks Bead Bazaar in Reading. So many beads, I bought a few things that I will turn into scissor fobs one day soon. She bought several lovely things which you can read about on her blog. She has turned some of hers into finished works.
We went to lunch at CrossRoads in Reading. I love to eat there. They have more than ample portions, food is fresh, and the most wonderful baked goods. I look forward to trips when we can eat there.
Then after lunch it was on to Stitch n Stuff, my not-so-local LNS. I had a wonderful walk through there and came home with a few new things, shown here. Just a bit of stash enhancement.
We finished that outing with a stop by Cabela's which was on the way home. One of those places that has to be seen to be believed. I like to look at the wildlife displays.
Home for some short naps before we went to dinner.
Dinner was at Sophia's with Mr. S, little boy and his fiancee. Again, more good food. And then home to settle in for the evening. We had originally planned to watch part of Season 2 of Downton Abbey, but that requires us not to talk. And we just didn't get to it.
Sunday was sad, having to say goodbye to her again, but with promises to meet in the spring at the lake.
We did make a pact to check in with each other daily for accountability. I have been telling her that she only needs to post one thing a day to her etsy shop. I am to get on the dreadmill for just 15 minutes a day. We have been checking in by text this week. It's been fun. Kind of funny that we are doing these things at about the same time some days. The accountablility has helped me immensely.
Saturday's Critters
9 hours ago
Been helping me too Sis! I did have an awesome time, and as it turns out good thing I took that break when I did :).
ReplyDeletesuper sweet stash..
ReplyDeletelots of love for you x
What a special time for you both, how lucky you are!
ReplyDeleteGreat stash, that should keep you busy for a while.
I've been wanting to take a day trip to the Lancaster area, do you know of any LNS near there?
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for the link to Stitch N' Stuff. Of course I immediately went to the "Sampler" tab! :o)
ReplyDelete