I had the pleasure of attending the Woodland Forest Retreat in Syracuse, New York sponsored by A Stitcher's Garden. I had originally intended to leave for retreat on Friday morning after completing a full morning of errands. At luncthime on Thursday I check the weather forecast. There was as Lake Effect Snow Advisory beginning Thursday evening and continuing through the day on Friday. I decided that it would be in my best interest to leave right after work on Thursday night and hopefully beat the snow.
Thankfully, I had assembled my name tag on Wednesday evening and ironed my completed pre-stitch. Each year there is a name tag challenge. A Stitcher's Garden and the Retreat Committee provide fabric, floss, and a theme for the challenge. You can finish it any way you wish and use any embellishments you desire. I kept mine fairly simple this year. I finished it by putting it in a Tin Pin, a nice, easy finish.
I used white and gray squirrels because I see them in my neighborhood.
The pre-stitch looked like this.
I arrived without incident on Thursday night. It did snow the last half hour of the trip. It was dry snow that swirled like fog on the roadway. I find that type of snow to be hypnotic when driving at night.
I awoke Friday morning to find that it was still snowing and continued to do so for most of the day.
Late in the afternoon I picked up my schedule for the weekend.
I made a visit to the boutique conveniently located in thehotel to say hello and browse.
Saturday's Critters
9 hours ago
Oh how sweet your name tag cam out. Hope you have a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing you share about your retreat. You lucky gal you:) love Annette
ReplyDeleteThanks, Annette. I do feel like a lucky, lucky girl when I get to go on retreat.
DeleteI love those lil squirrels! So glad you are taking some time for you :)
ReplyDelete