I had intended this post for my return from Ocean City in April . I haven't taken the time to post. Mainly because, well, Hare Pyns is not assembled. I did make quite a bit of progress. I still have a long way to go. So, no picture of that. Actually, no pictures from the entire weekend, since I never took the camera out of my purse. In fact, it's still in there!
I did have a wonderful weekend. It is so great to go to The Lankford and Salty Yarns. It's like going home with Sally and Sara as the hostesses. So nice. The accomodations were great. I heard the ocean all weekend. It was kind of quiet when I got home. I've adjusted. I do like the quiet where we live, too.
Sherri Jones is a great teacher and lovely person. She brought her lovely models, drool worthy, each and every one. I can't wait to take some future classes from her. I think that decisions were made for classes for the next two years but am not exactly sure what they were. Sherri also brought some things that were for sale. I picked up these two chart packs,
this little kit, and
this big, I have wanted it for years, kit. She sold us these kits because we have learned her finishing technique with Hare Pyns. Although the design is different, the finishing is the same. I had wanted to take this class years ago when it was offered by a local shop (since closed) but wouldn't pay the $750 for the weekend. I had wanted to attend as a commuter but the shop owner wouldn't allow it. Good things come to those who wait!
So, no surprise I will be busy for quite some time.
Keep on Stitching!
Saturday's Critters
2 hours ago
There is nothing quite like the sound of the ocean. It soothes the soul!
ReplyDelete~hugs
Super sweet stash..enjoy
ReplyDeleteHufscx
Oops I mean hugs..this naughty thing typed wrong :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to go there for at least one of their retreats, especially since it's by the beach! Glad you had a good time and got some goodies!
ReplyDelete