Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year Plans

My birthday is in December.  Around my birthday I begin to reflect on the past year and plan for the coming year.  This year has been no exception. 

Here is what I'd  like to focus on in 2014. These are not in any particular order.
      
        Continued weight loss;

       Finish the UFO's in the baskets of shame;

       Participate in Theme-A-Licious 2014;

       Post to my blog more frequently;

       Turn a bunch (a very specific number) of WIPs into finished projects;

       Walk/tread 8,000 steps per day;

       Go on a stash diet;

       Attend two stitching functions, one is already planned;

       Declutter by getting rid of one thing each day;

       Stitch - a - lot; and

       Enjoy time with my family.

My word or rather phrase for this year will be Lighten Up.

My word for 2013 was Balance.  I'm not sure that I achieved it all of the time but I was more mindful of what I was doing.   That probably was the best outcome. 

Having shared by goals (scary word) for the coming year I hope to share my progress in my journey through 2014.  

What are you hoping for in 2014?

4 comments:

  1. I wish you much luck in your goals for 2014! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd,
    A lot of your goals are ones I'm contemplating and I wish you good luck with them. Perhaps we can try to motivate each other!!! I got a Fitbit for Christmas and am hoping constant feedback will help. Have a Happy New Year and hope to see you in OC at some point.
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. I like the 'lighten up' one: very wise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good and thoughtful goals! Good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete