So, how did I do on the challenge? Well, not so good. I spent $198.89. What did I spend it on?
I ordered the Cinnamon Hearts kit by Threadwork Primitives directly from Nan. She used twine for the tassel - what a great idea. Excuse the flash spot in the picture.
Then I joined a group on Facebook called Stash Unload. Big Mistake. I found these three charts there.
I think the intent of that group is that you can buy and sell things there. Nice because you don't incur ebay and etsy fees. Only fees for PayPal if you use them. I haven't listed anything for sale there, yet.
Two weekends ago I packed my bags and went to Ocean City, MD to attend two classes taught by Sherri Jones. Sherri offers some of her stuff for sale at these events. This I picked these up there:
The three patterns are complete except for stuffing. The thread palette and ruler go with the Fine and Fancy Tulip Tray. I didn't buy the scrim that was being sold - I felt that $44 for a piece that wouldn't really be seen wasn't necessary.
I had an opportunity to do some shopping at Salty Yarns, too. I showed great restraint. I came home with these two patterns and three cards of Gentle Arts floss.
And last purchase was offered by Dyeing to Stitch as a companion piece to their Ladies Prim Society. I didn't resist this purchase.
Again, sorry for the flash spots. I'm not sure what's going on there.
I did do some stitching from stash this month.
I started and finished the stitching on Cinnamon Heart by Threadwork Primitives.
I started stitching The Mermaid's Two Tales by Patrick's Woods for class. I did get the needlebook stitched which was what needed to be finished before class.
I started stitching Strawberry House by The Scarlett House, a piece I received for the Colonial Gathering Club sponsored by Dyeing to Stitch.
I started Holly & Hearts - the three part sampler by Lizzie Kate.
I started stitching Fun Every Day - Sunday by Sam Sarah Design Studio.
I finished stitching Fun Every Day - Happy Birthday by Sam Sarah Design Studio.
I find in interesting that I have started 17 pieces this year and finished stitching 17 pieces. Just not the same 17 pieces!
I think that about covers my report for this month.
I will be back soon with more pictures and stories about my travels.
I am off to clean up the stitching room, AGAIN!
Keep on Stitching.
Super sweet charts :)
ReplyDeleteHappy stitching x
Beautiful new stash! It sure adds up too quickly.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your class.
love Anentte
Well if you can get out of Salty Yarns without spending a little (a LOT) more than you expected, you're lucky. They have a fabulous selection there and their fabrics are to die for! That place is a danger to my credit card. LOL
ReplyDeleteooooo nice stash haul and whats a few pennies between friends ...lol love mouse xxxxx
ReplyDeleteWonderful stash, enjoy the classes!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful new stash! Sorry you went (a bit) over your budget though! Luckily we get a bye month :)
ReplyDelete