Thursday, November 20, 2014

Delaware House Stitch Book

Last Saturday I traveled to Delaware to attend a class taught by Linda Lautenschlager of Chessie & Me.  She designed this project for our guild.  This is the cover photo for the kit.  We received our kits in October.


I should have had plenty of time to accomplish the pre-stitching.  By Friday night I had completed this much:


and this much of the fob,



In class we painted our boxes and lined them with paper that Linda provided.  We also scuffed them up a bit to make them look aged.



We cut out our stitching and mounted it on wool.


In between the steps while waiting for the paint and glue to dry I was able to get a bit more stitching done on the fob.


In order to finish I need to give the box a quick spray with polyurethane, glue the pieces on the cover and inside.  And finish the fob.  Linda showed a square scissor fob.  I think I will finish mine as an octagon.  We also made cording in class for the scissor fob.  I hope to get to some of that this weekend.

A nice day spent with some very nice ladies.

Keep on Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project and a great opportunity to spend time with other stitchers and a wonderful designer! :)

    ReplyDelete