Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Something for Me to Think About

Today I was goofing around on the internet and read a post by Ree Drummond called Ten Important Things I've Learned about Blogging here.  I must confess I don't watch a lot of tv and haven't ever seen her show.  I'll have to make it a point to find that one of these days. If you are a blogger her ideas may intrigue you as well.  She recommends blogging e-v-e-r-y day.  Hmmm, I've thought I'd like to aspire to that, but then, well, it can be so much trouble to take a picture and upload it (seriously, that's what I tell myself most days!)  But, I'm gonna try much, much harder.

The truth is, I miss blogging.  You folks are such an inspiration with your great comments.  And that's why I started this blog in the first place.  To show what I'm doing and read about what you're doing because this can be a pretty solitary pursuit.

Since, I wrote last time, I've been away on vacation, again.  I know, it seems like that's all I do.  But really, I do have  a job, and that job lets me take vacations.  I spent 9 glorious days in Ocean City, Maryland at the Lankford Hotel with many, many visits to Salty Yarns.  I started my vacation by attending a retreat sponsored by one of the guilds I belong to.  We were presented with a goodie bag upon arrival.  A zipper pouch with a small kit inside by The Purple Thread and a package of Bohin needles..  Some of the ladies were stitching that over the weekend.   I saved mine and will start it one of these days.




Well, it didn't take me too long to find the kit, the camera, take two pictures, and upload them.  Note to self, a post a day may be doable!  Just like Ree said.

I'll be back tomorrow to share more about the retreat and the balance of my vacation.  I did take my camera with me but never took it out of the case.  So I don't have any pictures from my time away to share.

Keep on Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. I love that chart! Anxious to hear more about your retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vonna, keep checking back. I hope to do several entries about my retreat/vacation.

      Delete
  2. I need blogging, and I need my blogging friends. They inspire, and teach (thank you Vonna, who knew when I tried your pinkeep tutorial it would lead to designing lol), and companionship. It is harder now that fb seems to easy but I too am determined to keep the blogging going. Looking forwards to hearing about the retreat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your blog entries. I'll try to comment more.

      Delete
  3. Glad you wrote a catch up post, Syd! I think I have a love/hate relationship with my blog as I seem to be unable to write even weekly sometimes, much less daily. I love Ree's blogs and wonder how she makes daily blogging and everything else she does happen!! But then, she's making some $$ from her endeavors - that would be motivating. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Von, you are so right about the $$ that Ree gets from her endeavors. I don't think I'd personally like that pressure, kind of like another job!

      Delete
  4. Syd,
    I'm with you! I would love to post to my blog more often...even every day...but digging out the camera, thinking about what I want to say and posting takes time away from my stitching. And yet, that is what I want to blog about. A catch 22 perhaps!!!
    I do look forward to your posts, so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete