Friday, November 14, 2014

The First Few Days on My Own

When I left off last night I mentioned that it was snowing here.  This morning we woke up to what I think of as a 'Christmas card morning.'  The trees were covered in snow.  That only seems to happen in our early season and very late season snows.  These pictures were taken as the sun was coming over the hill.



Back to vacation and warmer weather.

When I packed for Ocean City  I packed a bunch of WIP's and some kitted projects.  Way more than I could accomplish in a week or a month for that matter!  But I had a hard time deciding exactly what I wanted to take.

So I worked on these projects -


To the Flag by The Purple Thread, stitched with wool.  The blue seemed to take forever, but I did it.


I finished stitching January House by Country Cottage Needleworks;



and I finished stitching Be Brave by Shepherd's Bush.

I did some shopping at Marshall's while I was in Ocean City.  I took a ride out to Assategue to see the horses.  I did see some near the road.  And on my way back I saw a sign for Berlin.   Berlin won the award for America's Coolest Small Town for 2014.  I wasn't exactly sure where I was going but figured I had Mrs. Bossypants (my GPS) in the glove compartment to use I felt that I was lost.  The road I was on took me right into town.  I walked around and shopped a bit.  I had wanted to have tea at Main Street Enchanted Tea Room. They were closed the first day I went.  I did go back another day and enjoyed the lunch tea.  What wonderful food, freshly prepared to order.  If you are in the area, I definitely recommend it.

On Wednesday my friend Debbie arrived for Jamboree.

I'll be back with more of my week tomorrow.

Keep on Stitching!





4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to Berlin--it is a cute little town!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still want to go back again and again and again.

      Delete
  2. Love your first snow pictures of the season! Well done on the completed pieces and getting all the blue stitched on the Purple Thread piece.

    I always take more projects with me. I would rather have a choice (or a multiple of choices) instead of having no choice and not being in the mood to work on 'x' piece.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete