Thursday, December 31, 2015

Phew!

I started this post prior to Christmas and then got wrapped up in my preparations that I forgot about it.

I can't believe how quickly time is speeding toward Christmas.  And I don't think I've ever felt like so far behind this close to the day.  I have wrapped 1 - yes 1 gift.  And that's because it was big and heavy and I didn't want to hide it.  My theory was/is that if it is wrapped in can stay out in plain sight.  Now that the Christmas tree is finally up, the gift doesn't look as strange sitting in the living room.

This year I decided to take out all the stitched ornaments I could find and decorate the tree with those.  I haven't done that in many years and was amazed at just how many ornaments I have completed over the years.  And, I'm sure that there are several more in the 'bin of shame' waiting for some finishing magic.

I like the way the tree looks this year.  My daughter thought it looked a little bare.  It's staying like this for now.

I have been doing a little bit of stitching.   I did finish stitching On Redware Road a couple of weekends ago. And now it's on the pile of things to be finished.  Maybe this coming weekend.



And a new start.  Sewing Bird Pocket by Blackbird Designs - this is from one of the clubs at Dyeing to Stitch.  I am loving it - especially now that I can stitch without thinking too much while  I fill in the bird.



I have some other things I want to share but don't have what I need at my fingertips - so it will have to wait for another day.

I hope that 2016 brings you a year filled with health, happiness, and of course, lots of finishes.

Happy New Year!

Keep on Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Syd, your tree looks fabulous! Those "bare" spots just mean that you need to get items out of the bin of shame and on the tree.

    ReplyDelete