I've spent some time this evening getting the November monthly pieces put away and the December pieces out and set around. And I actually have a finish to show you today!
First up - Fun Every Day switched over to December with the appropriate symbol on the right.
I put out these guys -
I flipped the page on this one
And I brought the Advent calendar down from the attic and hung it in the dining room. I put on the one little ornament for the 1st. It looks pretty lonely. I also sent the kids a text letting them know that I had their backs and would be taking good care of the calendar this year.
And my finish - A Year in Chalk: December by Hands On Design. I found this cute frame at Hobby Lobby in the Spring, on sale, thankyouverymuch. And knew it would be perfect for these little pieces. I ironed some fusible batting to the back and ta-done! Easy peasy! I can switch these every month - of course, I need to do the magic ironing thing to the other 11 first.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep on Stitching!
Wow Syd, you have been a busy gal...I love your decorations and feel inspired to begin my own. You have chosen such gorgeous display frames for everything, and your finishes are stunning!
ReplyDeleteThe Advent Calendar took my breath away...your house is lovely.
I am in love with your "Year In Chalk" frame, what a great idea! I just love Hobby Lobby and can spend way too much time and money there...
Thanks for sharing it all with your friends
Hugs
Love all your pieces. The frame for the Chalk series is perfect!!! I plan on starting in the New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such an inspiring post! Love that stand up frame for the Chalk series. And I've never heard the tip about the fusible batting-wow!
ReplyDeleteLook at you go! Decorating galore with your wonderful stitching. Don't you just get a big dose of self-satisfiedness when that happens? I think it is just the cat's meow top to bottom of post! Thank you for sharing your lovely work!
ReplyDelete