Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Did you have a wonderful first day of the new year?  Did you work on your resolutions?  I did a little. I went for my first five mile walk since my knee replacement.  It was a little slow, but I got 'er done.  I hope to do the same again tomorrow.  We have so many wonderful walking paths in our area I am hoping to become familiar with more of them this year.

I had meant to post a picture of my ort jar.  Here it is ready to be emptied and set up for another year.


And I also meant to post my stitching stats for 2015:

I put the first stitch in 60 projects;

I put the last stitch in 65 projects (which theoretically means I finished five of my older WIPs); and

I finish-finished 58 projects (48 of those were the Fun Every Day pieces.)

Not a bad year stitching wise.

I worked on Sewing Bird Pocket at bit more last night.


I still have more the red to fill in.  Then I'll stitch the other motifs. Maybe I can do a little on this before I go to bed tonight.

Here is my Fun Every Day set for the first of day of this new year.



Have a great evening.

Keep on Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching.
    Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy girl!!! Glad your knee is improving--maybe we can get some walks in on the boards in 2016.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your walking, Syd--I hope it gets easier and easier as the year progresses... I also hope 2016 is an equally successful stitching year to your past one--very nice achievements! And I just love that little penguin in your January calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on getting out and walking! Glad your knee did okay with it! The Sewing Bird Pocket is looking good. What a pretty red you are using! Best wishes to you as you start your 2016 stitching journey.

    ReplyDelete