Last night was a quiet, unplanned celebration with a friend. Late yesterday afternoon she sent me a text asking me if I wanted to come over and spend the evening talking, eating, and stitching! Three of my favorite things! Turns out it was just the two of us. We did go upstairs for a quick visit with her neighbors, nice people - the same ages as my children. And then spent a quiet evening watching "A Holiday Affair" and "Christmas in Connecticut." I didn't see all of the second movie as my eyes were getting a bit heavy.
I did put in a few stitches on Hibernation Day. I've been almost exclusively working on smalls and this seems like so much fabric to hold! I'll get used to it again, I'm sure.
I spent a quiet morning enjoying a second cup of tea. My current favorite is Yogi Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy in this mug.
I read lots of blogs this morning. It's been good to catch up with my friends and the goings on in their lives.
I think that my blog will become a journal of sorts this year. Maybe I'll have it printed into book form at the end of the year.
My first stitched finish for 2017 - Whooo's Knockin' at My Door! by Blackbird Designs.
I'm still contemplating my rotation for this year.
Thanks for stopping by.
Saturday's Critters
9 hours ago



A day stitching and chatting with a friend is always a good thing! Hibernation Day is going to be so pretty and the BBD stocking is great! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteA quiet evening stitching and chatting is always welcome. The BBD stocking is so fun and I love Hibernation Day..I stitched it a few years ago with some modifications. We really do tend to gravitate to the same designs!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first finish for 2017, Syd! Hibernation Day is looking good. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect New Year to me. Hope it's a great one for you x
ReplyDeleteWow, what a year have had. Sounds like you are grounded and in a good place. Looking forward to seeing your "craft room" once completed. Best wishes for a great 2017!
ReplyDeleteหนังใหม่