Saturday, October 12, 2013

How I Spent My Summer - Part 2

My July was pretty quiet. Not much travel or stitching either. I did do some reading, but not much else. My baby girl was home. She and I shared my car this summer which was challenging since I work 20 miles from home. We have did a lot of riding together on work days. My husband spent a few weeks working on the boat and got her in the water in late July. I went out for the first time in early August. We had a wonderful day, caught 7 keepers and had lots of action otherwise. I think I needed to be out on the ocean in the wind and the sun. The boat ran well. And I was surprised at how nice the ride was. The best part was that we stayed dry. In our old boat we would get wet on a good day. Now, we stay dry because of the pilot house. Such a nice improvement.
The remainder of August was fairly quiet. Baby Girl and I did take a trip to Virginia Beach in late August. I visited Dyeing to Stitch while we were there. Unfortunately, we did not have beach weather. So we spent most of the time shopping. Lots of shopping in Virginia Beach. Dyeing to Stitch is a wonderful store with a huge selection of models. I was in heaven. If you are ever in Virginia Beach it is worth looking into.
In late August we took Baby Girl back to Temple for her sophomore year. This year she is sharing an apartment with three other girls. The apartment was nice and a pleasant surprise.

1 comment: