I am all moved so most of my stuff is all under one roof except for my fish and plants. I'll pick those up tomorrow when it's bit warmer outside. Plus, I can have the car warmed and ready for them and then whisk them into the house from the garage. I think. We'll see if it works.
Saturday was spent emptying the majority of the stuff out of the apartment. The boys worked really hard. They had already moved one trailer load and then the snow began. Not a lot of snow, maybe an inch, just enough to make for slippery footing. I finished my second trip from the apartment to the townhouse and then stayed put until the evening. The boys made three trips in all with the trailer. They were tired and happy to have the big stuff in the townhouse but not placed in the appropriate room. That happened on Sunday after one last pickup truck and carload of stuff from the apartment.
Here's a picture of my living room - so far.
I need to hang curtains and pictures. I have the curtains and the pictures. Hopefully I can do both of those things in the next week.
And here is a space at the top of the stairs that had me wondering what the heck I would do with it. The previous owner had a potted plant there - granted it was large.
After futzing around with my friend on Sunday we decided that this happy chair and sewing basket were the perfect things to go there. And the bird cage with the lights in it - a nice little night light.
I had put the happy chair in my bedroom but it didn't look right - the scale was off or something. But I love it here! Plus, it's across from the laundry closet so I can sit there while I wait for the dryer to finish.
No stitching to show - hopefully I'll get to do a little bit tonight.
Thanks for stopping by.
Saturday's Critters
9 hours ago




Looking good--love the chair/ottoman in the living room. Happy chair works perfectly in that spot. Where will you stitch? I'm sure you're happy to be done with the actual move!!! Good luck in your new home!
ReplyDeleteI know it can be a pain, but moving can be exciting too! I love your little sitting area, perfect waiting area or even do some stitching?!
ReplyDeleteWhat a super spot for the happy chair! I like the bird cage with lights. Best wishes to you as you settle into your new home.
ReplyDelete