Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4

A little more progress on Trick or Treat today.  Very little because I realized that I had neglected to put scissors in my kit.   So I took a little nap instead.  And I added scissors to the bag tonight.



I also want to share this picture of some things that I assembled in December.



I got it into my head that I could empty the 'bin of shame' before I move.  Have you seen that bin? Here are a couple of pictures.



Seriously, I can be a bit delusional at times.  Of course, I neglected to factor in Christmas shopping, decorating, wrapping, and baking. And then there's the week or so I didn't feel good.  Oh, and did I mention that I'm moving.  So I'm making daily trips to the house to check on things or drop stuff off and trips to Home Depot and Lowe's for supplies.  Oh, and of course work which keeps things afloat here.  Silly me!  So the bin will be moving to the new house as is.  And I will be working on it when after I move and get settled.

In the meantime,  I'll share what I did finish.

First up, is Peter and Peep by With Thy Needle and Thread.  I began working on this one last winter. And finished it kind of like the picture on the chart.  I did tea dye my lace because the only lace I could find was white. My daughter said she thinks this is her favorite piece.


That's about all for today.  I've got to do a little more laundry and my nails before I head off for bed.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Great start...and finish!
    I'm proud of you for making a start, progress is progress, be proud.
    Your "Peter and Peep" finish is perfect, and looks amazing, Syd. I love the design and the trim and lace together...perfect.
    When I moved, I organized as I unpacked, it just seemed so much easier because I was able to find the perfect place for everything...and since we were downsizing to such a little house, it also made it easier. Besides, it'll be a treat to see what's in there that you may have forgot about all together.
    I dunno, maybe it just made the move and leaving the "kiddos" behind more tolerable :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Peter and Peeps! What a great piece to display in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter finish is so adorable, Syd!! Just love it!

    I wish you the best of luck in your move and a very happy, healthy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunny pillow--very nicely done! It's good you can make the move a little at a time and paint before you get everything in there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter and Peep = adorable! Your bin of finishes is super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! I think I may have it in my stash. You really are making up for lost time with your frequent posts. Enjoy reading them.

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete