I've shown pictures of the stitched Pinkeep.
Now, here is a picture of the ornament, stitched but not assembled. Notice anything wonky about the picture? We had a good laugh over this at Stitch n Gab. I can't believe how badly I centered this! It's embarassing! And a little funny. In my haste to begin stitching I glanced at the directions and saw that the dimensions were 4" x 7", and attempted to center it using those dimensions. Silly me, those were the dimensions for the finished ornament, not the design size. Geez. Thankfully I will be sewing this together and will have small seam allowances. I probably have not learned my lesson and will continue to make these goofy mistakes.
As I said, it was good for a laugh and for sharing. One lady shared how she started a piece oriented incorrectly on the fabric. She was so close on the one side when finished that she had to add fabric before it could be framed. I remember when she did that.
Have you ever done something like this?
Have a great day!
Saturday's Critters
2 hours ago
Yep, it happened to me. I am lucky I have a good framer who knew how to handle it and it came out all right! Laura
ReplyDeleteOh, same here! Luckily, Carolyn was able to stitch a piece of fabric on the side so it could be framed
ReplyDelete