Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  It's been cloudy here today with a few little rain showers.

My priorities for today were to drive my car for the first time post surgery. And to go for a walk.  I did both.  I didn't have much trouble driving, getting in and out of the car is more painful than actually driving.  I did manage a  bit of a walk - maybe a half mile to one of my favorite places along the Lehigh River.  You can look across the waterfall to a Locktender's house which is located in another park across the river.


On the stitching front I finished stitching June:  A Year in Chalk by Hands on Designs.

I love the whimsy of these designs.  And how quick they are to stitch provided I use a higher magnification in my glasses.

I made a start on July:  A Year in Chalk also by Hands on Designs - I hope to finish stitching this one tonight.   And maybe, just maybe get a little start on August.


I found this picture of a wreath I made earlier this Fall on my phone.  My daughter was able to pick up the mini Indian corn on one of her weekends home with friends.  I think she found these the day they went apple picking.  I found this idea on Pinterest and am totally pleased with the outcome.  Quick and easy.


One final picture - today's calendar view.

Fun Every Day by Sam Sarah Designs
Have a great evening.

Keep on Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for achieving both of your post-surgery goals :) I'll bet you'll feel stronger and stronger with each passing day.

    Love those chalkboard pieces--I may have to stitch a couple of them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You are right I feel a little better each day. The chalkboard pieces are a quick stitch. Have fun.

      Delete