Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hello!

Wow, it's been way too long.  How have you been?

Me, well, I've been busy with lots of different things.  Up first are a few pictures of a large project that I finally completed in October.

Do you know what these are?


How about now?


Maybe this picture helps?  These are all 48 pieces of Fun Every Day by Sam Sarah Design Studio ready to be mounted on their cards.  I calculated that this represents almost 8 full sheets of perforated paper.  Each one is solidly stitched.  That my friends is a lot of stitches!  And I finally finished it.


Here is what my calendar looks like for today.  I have been enjoying flipping the appropriate images on a daily basis.  Cool, huh?



When a friend and I discussed how well traveled this project was it made me think.  These pieces have been to the beach in New Jersey - many, many times and on the boat.  They've been on car trips from Pennsylvania to Kentucky - several times.  They flown twice - once to Florida and once to Arizona.  They've been to the lake house in New York State.  They've been to Ocean City, Maryland several times.  And they've been on a car trip to Michigan.  And any other trip I've taken that involved car time.  Plus, they've been to every stitching event I've attended in the last year or so!  As I said, well traveled.

I only had one casualty in all those travels.  One piece blew off my lap and into the water at the shore. My husband asked why I didn't have him save it.  Paper - I didn't think it would be salvageable after a dunk in the salt water.  And reasoned that it was only paper and cotton and probably wouldn't be bad for the environment.

Other news,  this summer was by far my best summer ever . I spent lots of time at the beach.  And time on the boat.  I caught my largest fish ever -  a MahiMahi.  And I must say it was delicious!


Two of my children, my future daughter-in-law, and I traveled to Michigan to attend a family reunion.  I was able to see cousins, aunts, and uncles, that I hadn't seen in almost 30 years.  It was wonderful.  We can't wait to go back but this time we'll go for a week so we can see more of Michigan. This is the cute cabin I rented for our stay -


My final big trip of the summer was to attend Summer School at The Attic in Arizona.  I had a wonderful time.  The projects were beautiful.  The teachers very informative.  I learned a lot about history that I didn't know.


This was at the hotel.  I thought the accommodations were ideal. And that is about the only picture I took at the class.  I had my phone with me but didn't take any pictures.  Dumb, I know.  However, The Attic newsletters have some great pictures if you are interested.  As I complete the projects from the classes I will share them here.   The food all good.  The shop was beautiful and well organized.  I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't buy very much.  Probably a good thing.

I did make many more trips to the beach after my return from Arizona.  And I have lots of sunrise pictures that I took.  I'll share some of those another time, maybe on a cold winter day.

In mid-October I had my right knee replaced.  I have been recovering and doing in home physical therapy.  Today was my last day of in home therapy.  I go back to the doctor on Friday and will hopefully be cleared to drive again.  And then my outpatient physical therapy will begin.

I am fortunate that I have been able to work from home.  So I am able to keep up with that.

I have been doing lots of stitching but not much finishing.  I will share progress in future posts.  I do have to put together a birthday gift tonight that will be presented to the birthday girl tomorrow night.   Once that's done I'll share pictures.

That's all for today. Thanks for hanging in for this lengthy post.

Keep on Stitching!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the Fun Every Day project finished! Wow, they look great! It sounds like your knee recovery is going well!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd, My you have been a busy girl!!! Glad to hear your knee surgery went well. I am so impressed with your calendar--you are speedy!!! I'm still in April with 8 months to go, but it looks like the finished product will be well worth it. Thanks for keeping me motivated--I have a couple car trips coming up!!! Hope to see yu at Salty Yarns sometime in the near future!
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to catch up with you, Syd--hope your knee replacement is working out well! I guess that gives you more time to sit and stitch?

    Really cute calendar project--now that is A LOT of stitching! It looks wonderful...

    Glad you were able to visit with your family and see lots of long-lost relatives and congratulations on that giant fish catch--wow!

    ReplyDelete