Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday Update

Yikes!  I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post.  And, since I'm home most of the time, one would think I could keep on top of this posting business.

So, first of all, here is today's calendar view

Fun Every Day by Sam Sarah Designs
And the pieces I finished stitching since our last visit

October: A Year in Chalk by Hands On Design

And,
November:  A Year in Chalk by Hands On Design

And,
December:  A Year in Chalk by Hands On Design
I think I finished up December on Sunday morning.  The color used in this is red  although on my monitor it appear to kind of a rusty red.  Honestly, I don't know how to fix that!

If all goes as planned,  I will be finishing those this weekend and will have lots of pictures to share of them in their new home.  If all goes as planned.

So, with that series complete I had a decision to make.  What to stitch next.  I decided to dig into the tote of WIP's and pick out any old thing without putting too much thought into it. I came up with this.

Traveling Stitcher by Little House Needleworks

It was not in this state when I saved it from the tote of WIP's. I have been steadily plodding along on it this week.  And this is how it looks today.  At one point this week I went and looked for the lovely piece made by Impie, Hattie, and Bea to finish this.  It's not where I looked.  I did think of another place to look and will try that over the weekend.  I seem to remember without looking in the closet in the stitching room that the bin where said item may be residing is a bit difficult (meaning I have to move other stuff) to retrieve.

It's rainy and cool here today.  A good day for the blanket, some stitching, and binge watching something on Netflix,  It is a work day so that won't happen until this evening.

Keep on Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on wrapping up the chalk series, Syd! Looking forward to seeing them finished and in their new home. Nice good on the LHN piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be such a great feeling having all of the chalkboard pieces finished, Syd! I really love that December one so much...

    Nice progress on the Traveling Stitcher WIP... Hope you enjoy your weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete